Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday, Friday....

gotta get down on  Friday", so the song says, right?  I'm thinking "Friday, Friday gotta do diaper laundry on Friday"  Life changes.  Five years ago I had almost committed myself to a life as a bachelorette.  I gave up on the dream of family for myself.  I was tired of trying.  I was sick of dating.  One more first date and I was literally going to vomit!  I was going to grow old as a spinster.  Neighborhood kids would think me and my 83 cats belonged to a cult.  Rumors of flying broomsticks and spells would spread through their little mouths into the ears other little grungy brats.  That was going to be my life.  I was going to travel and have fun in the mean time though.  No crazy cat lady until I was at least 70.  That sounds about right.  Right? 

I met my husband and these were my first two thoughts: Wow, cute!  and Wow! Young!!  I found out that this cutie pie was in fact 7 years younger than me.  Great.  We dated a few times and I really liked him, but was reserved because of our age difference.  We split up.  We got back together over some McNuggets and sweet and sour sauce. 

We did things out of order.  The baby came first....then the marriage.  I couldn't believe I was in love, with child and husband.  My life had changed so much!  No more gettin' down on Friday or Saturday for that matter.  So imagine life when my little girl was joined by a sweet little mama's boy!!  I can't imagine my life as it was.  I admit that a night out on the town with a tasty Margarita in hand sounds mighty nice, but a night in with my little family trumps it every time!! 

1 comment:

  1. You can't explain how a child changes your perspective on life, until you've experienced it first hand!

    ReplyDelete